This is a great little book about three children who have their Aunt Sally come and babysit them while their parents go on a trip. They've never met their aunt before and she spends the week telling them fantastical stories about their father's family when he was a child. This book is both moving and hilarious. It speaks to the power of family stories and family relationships. I think this book would be a great read-aloud book, especially for little boys. This was the book for this month's mother-daughter book club and Kate and I both really loved it. This book was also a National Book Award winner which is very prestigious. Like I said, good book.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
68. The Trolls by Polly Horvath
This is a great little book about three children who have their Aunt Sally come and babysit them while their parents go on a trip. They've never met their aunt before and she spends the week telling them fantastical stories about their father's family when he was a child. This book is both moving and hilarious. It speaks to the power of family stories and family relationships. I think this book would be a great read-aloud book, especially for little boys. This was the book for this month's mother-daughter book club and Kate and I both really loved it. This book was also a National Book Award winner which is very prestigious. Like I said, good book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment