I picked up this book because it seemed to describe my life in a nutshell and it did not disappoint. Written by the mother of 5, the author presents a down-to-earth picture of motherhood and its challenges and then a hopeful way to keep things in perspective. This is actually my second time reading it and I've loved it both times. Here is my favorite quote: "I am a fourteen-towel woman in a ten-towel-capacity life." Now if you read this book, you'll find out that this is just the beginning of the book, but it is so perfect that it makes me laugh out loud every time I read it. Anyway, her point is that she may be unbalanced but that balance it not the goal or the answer. It is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a quick read that will help you feel better about your life.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
63. Confessions of an Unbalanced Woman by Emily Watts
I picked up this book because it seemed to describe my life in a nutshell and it did not disappoint. Written by the mother of 5, the author presents a down-to-earth picture of motherhood and its challenges and then a hopeful way to keep things in perspective. This is actually my second time reading it and I've loved it both times. Here is my favorite quote: "I am a fourteen-towel woman in a ten-towel-capacity life." Now if you read this book, you'll find out that this is just the beginning of the book, but it is so perfect that it makes me laugh out loud every time I read it. Anyway, her point is that she may be unbalanced but that balance it not the goal or the answer. It is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a quick read that will help you feel better about your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment