Thursday, October 8, 2009

61. The Cat Who Could Read Backwards by Lilian Jackson Braun

This is a great mystery about a hard-core newspaperman stuck on the art beat. When an art dealer is found murdered, the beat gets a little more exciting. With the help of a newspaper reading siamese cat, he is able to figure out what is going on in the art world. This is the kind of mystery I like. It is not graphic in any way, but it is well written and hard to figure out. And the cat in this book is very intriguing. I'm not really even a cat person, but this cat makes you think it might be fun to have one. This book is the first in a series of about 20-25, each one featuring the same reporter, Jim Quilleran, and the cat, Ko-Ko. I think they are all great.

No comments:

Post a Comment