Wednesday, October 27, 2010

72. Freddy and the French Fries: Fries Alive! by David Baldacci

This is not a book I would have picked up in a million years. But Emma chose it for her free book at the last children's book fest at the library. We tried to read it a while back, but I convinced her to switch to a different book. But finally the time had come, and we read it. It reminds me a lot of Captain Underpants or Johnny Neutron. A really smart kid creates a bunch of life-sized french fries and brings them to life to help him fight the boy that constantly bullies him. Very Frankenstein-ish. It really is funny. As I read it, the girls would laugh and laugh at the antics of Freddy and his friends. I could see this being very popular with little boys. My girls thought it was hilarious. Emma picks some fun ones.