This is another of Lily's picks for bedtime stories. Like I've said before, she seems to really like collections of stories. This has quite a few of your well-known bedtime stories, like The Ugly Duckling, Puss in Boots, and The Little Tin Soldier. But then about the second half of the book, there are a whole collection of related stories about a bunch of little animals that live in a forest with some gnomes and giants who are all friendly. I really like these little tales. They remind me of the Beatrix Potter books, but shorter. The illustrations in the whole collection are really great. And the thing I like best is that the stories are broken down into divisions that are just right for Lily's age. The stories tend to be between 2-10 pages with about a paragraph per page. Perfect! She loved this book and I really enjoyed reading it to her.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
84. Best Loved Bedtime Stories: The Ugly Duckling and Other Stories by Dalmatian Press
This is another of Lily's picks for bedtime stories. Like I've said before, she seems to really like collections of stories. This has quite a few of your well-known bedtime stories, like The Ugly Duckling, Puss in Boots, and The Little Tin Soldier. But then about the second half of the book, there are a whole collection of related stories about a bunch of little animals that live in a forest with some gnomes and giants who are all friendly. I really like these little tales. They remind me of the Beatrix Potter books, but shorter. The illustrations in the whole collection are really great. And the thing I like best is that the stories are broken down into divisions that are just right for Lily's age. The stories tend to be between 2-10 pages with about a paragraph per page. Perfect! She loved this book and I really enjoyed reading it to her.