The first time I read Mansfield Park I stayed up all night to finish it because I just couldn't believe any man could be as clueless as Edmund. Finally, in the end, he came to his senses so I guess it was worth it. This novel is a retelling of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park from Edmund's point of view in his diary. It almost succeeded in making Edmund seem strong. Edmund is still clueless, but at least you can read his thoughts and know he is honestly clueless. I'm a little sad that this is the last of the books in the series for me to read. I've liked them all and recommend them to anyone.
Friday, July 9, 2010
38. Edmund Bertram's Diary by Amanda Grange
The first time I read Mansfield Park I stayed up all night to finish it because I just couldn't believe any man could be as clueless as Edmund. Finally, in the end, he came to his senses so I guess it was worth it. This novel is a retelling of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park from Edmund's point of view in his diary. It almost succeeded in making Edmund seem strong. Edmund is still clueless, but at least you can read his thoughts and know he is honestly clueless. I'm a little sad that this is the last of the books in the series for me to read. I've liked them all and recommend them to anyone.