This is a rewriting of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility from Colonel Brandon's viewpoint. But the first half tells the story of Colonel Brandon's early life. I really like these books. It is kind of like watching different movie versions of the Jane Austen's books. I think it is fun to see others imaginings of the story. The author does a really good job of bringing the characters to life and staying true to Austen's original portrayal. In this novel, I almost forgot that Colonel Brandon is so much older than Maryanne. It is a great, fun read.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
37. Colonel Brandon's Diary by Amanda Grange
This is a rewriting of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility from Colonel Brandon's viewpoint. But the first half tells the story of Colonel Brandon's early life. I really like these books. It is kind of like watching different movie versions of the Jane Austen's books. I think it is fun to see others imaginings of the story. The author does a really good job of bringing the characters to life and staying true to Austen's original portrayal. In this novel, I almost forgot that Colonel Brandon is so much older than Maryanne. It is a great, fun read.