I have to admit that I had a hard time getting myself to start this book. It was the book of the month for our book club last month and I put off reading it until the very last minute. But once I started it, I loved it. It was so interesting to hear a description of Helen Keller's life in her own words. The first half was an autobiography of her life up until she was about 20, and the second half was a collection of her letters. And she knew and wrote letters to just about every one that was famous in her day. It really was an amazing book and gave me new found respect for Helen and everyone around her who wanted her to succeed. It is definitely worth reading.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
45. The Story of My Life by Helen Keller
I have to admit that I had a hard time getting myself to start this book. It was the book of the month for our book club last month and I put off reading it until the very last minute. But once I started it, I loved it. It was so interesting to hear a description of Helen Keller's life in her own words. The first half was an autobiography of her life up until she was about 20, and the second half was a collection of her letters. And she knew and wrote letters to just about every one that was famous in her day. It really was an amazing book and gave me new found respect for Helen and everyone around her who wanted her to succeed. It is definitely worth reading.