Monday, June 14, 2010

31. Do the Funky Pickle by Jerry Spinelli

This book took me back to 7th grade dances, fights, first loves and social structure. I remembered how much I really hated junior high, and yet I loved the school part of it and I had good friends that I still remember fondly. That's how this book is. The 4 main characters all have things they struggle with in middle school, and yet they have each other and they all have subjects or things they really like about school. It is a well-written, fun read but it made me glad that I don't have to go through that age again. My one complaint with the novel is that the point of view floats around between the four main characters. It was a little confusing at first. But once I got used to it, it was fine. Just a little warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment