This is the first in a 3 book series telling Pride and Prejudice from Darcy's point of view. It covers the time from the beginning of the book to when Darcy returns to London after the ball at Netherfield. This is actually the second or third time I've read it, I can't remember. But obviously I like it. The thing I like most about it is that Darcy is a nice guy. He has his flaws but not any moral ones, which is how I would like it to be. I also like the other characters she has added to flesh out the story and her portrayal of the other existing characters like Colonel Fitzwilliam and Bingley. It is a little long sometimes but it has been fun reading it while I walk and listen to my ipod. It is clearly a light read. Anyone who really likes Pride and Prejudice will probably enjoy this novel.
Friday, March 26, 2010
6. An Assembly Such As This: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman by Pamela Aidan
This is the first in a 3 book series telling Pride and Prejudice from Darcy's point of view. It covers the time from the beginning of the book to when Darcy returns to London after the ball at Netherfield. This is actually the second or third time I've read it, I can't remember. But obviously I like it. The thing I like most about it is that Darcy is a nice guy. He has his flaws but not any moral ones, which is how I would like it to be. I also like the other characters she has added to flesh out the story and her portrayal of the other existing characters like Colonel Fitzwilliam and Bingley. It is a little long sometimes but it has been fun reading it while I walk and listen to my ipod. It is clearly a light read. Anyone who really likes Pride and Prejudice will probably enjoy this novel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment