I honestly feel a little silly reading this book. But I have to admit that the first time I saw this book in the BYU Bookstore I laughed hysterically. Something about it struck me as the funniest thing ever. I know. I'm weird that way. I think I even called John on my cell phone to tell him about it (which I never do). But after reading the book, the whole idea still makes me giggle. And it IS funny even if it is a little gory and zombieish at times. But, it actually is like a guy took Pride and Prejudice and juiced it up with a few beheadings, some ninja battles and a lot of zombie fighting in all the mushiest or most important parts of the book. It really is hilarious, maybe the best rewriting of P&P yet. If you don't mind the gore, I would highly recommend it. The novel is really pretty well written, (and I don't even like zombies). It's definitely worth a few good laughs and I haven't laughed so much in a long time.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
2. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
I honestly feel a little silly reading this book. But I have to admit that the first time I saw this book in the BYU Bookstore I laughed hysterically. Something about it struck me as the funniest thing ever. I know. I'm weird that way. I think I even called John on my cell phone to tell him about it (which I never do). But after reading the book, the whole idea still makes me giggle. And it IS funny even if it is a little gory and zombieish at times. But, it actually is like a guy took Pride and Prejudice and juiced it up with a few beheadings, some ninja battles and a lot of zombie fighting in all the mushiest or most important parts of the book. It really is hilarious, maybe the best rewriting of P&P yet. If you don't mind the gore, I would highly recommend it. The novel is really pretty well written, (and I don't even like zombies). It's definitely worth a few good laughs and I haven't laughed so much in a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment