As my first book of the new year I chose the Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I was a little hesitant at first because it is the second in a trilogy and I didn't want to die waiting for the third one to come out. I also was a little nervous because of all the hype. But this is actually the second time I've gotten it from the library, after being on 100+ person waiting list. And one of our friends went on and on about how jealous he was that I had the book. I kind of felt like I should read it. So I did. And it is great in a quirky, addictive sort of way. It's got romance, social unrest, and action. I also have to say that it is super unpredictable, which I only have the highest respect for. It takes talent to write a story that is unpredictable and hers is so much so that it kept me up a whole night just marveling at the twists and turns the story takes. Her characters are also really likeable. I would highly recommend it, especially if you like sci-fi, or even just adventure.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
As my first book of the new year I chose the Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I was a little hesitant at first because it is the second in a trilogy and I didn't want to die waiting for the third one to come out. I also was a little nervous because of all the hype. But this is actually the second time I've gotten it from the library, after being on 100+ person waiting list. And one of our friends went on and on about how jealous he was that I had the book. I kind of felt like I should read it. So I did. And it is great in a quirky, addictive sort of way. It's got romance, social unrest, and action. I also have to say that it is super unpredictable, which I only have the highest respect for. It takes talent to write a story that is unpredictable and hers is so much so that it kept me up a whole night just marveling at the twists and turns the story takes. Her characters are also really likeable. I would highly recommend it, especially if you like sci-fi, or even just adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete