I had to walk by this book a couple of times at the library before I decided to pick it up and try it. The cheesy picture on the front kind of turned me off (I know, I'm silly). But finally I talked myself into it because I can always use some good insight on mothering. And after having read it, I can say that I really love this book. It has a lot of good takes on things that I haven't really thought of in the same way before. The book explores how we can be happy as mothers and find that calling as fulfilling as anything else in our life. One of the things I like best about this book is that she has collected a lot of really great quotes on motherhood from other sources. I also like that she provides a lot of real stories from mothers to explore her points. I would highly recommend this book to any mothers, but especially stay-at-home moms. It was good enough that I wouldn't mind buying it and keeping it around to read every once in a while for a pick-me-up.
Monday, November 16, 2009
73. Contentment: Inspiring Insights for LDS Mothers by Maria Covey Cole
I had to walk by this book a couple of times at the library before I decided to pick it up and try it. The cheesy picture on the front kind of turned me off (I know, I'm silly). But finally I talked myself into it because I can always use some good insight on mothering. And after having read it, I can say that I really love this book. It has a lot of good takes on things that I haven't really thought of in the same way before. The book explores how we can be happy as mothers and find that calling as fulfilling as anything else in our life. One of the things I like best about this book is that she has collected a lot of really great quotes on motherhood from other sources. I also like that she provides a lot of real stories from mothers to explore her points. I would highly recommend this book to any mothers, but especially stay-at-home moms. It was good enough that I wouldn't mind buying it and keeping it around to read every once in a while for a pick-me-up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment