Sunday, April 19, 2009

41. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley

This book is actually a sequel to the book, The Hero and the Crown. For some reason I was thinking this book was the first one. It doesn't matter though because the books take place hundreds of years apart, just in the same land. I love this book because the female protagonist, Harry, is such a strong character. She gets shipped off to a foreign land by her brother and kidnapped by a king but she makes it work for her. She stays very adaptable but also true to herself, which I think are great qualities. There's also a great low-key romance, which, in my opinion, always makes a book better. It is a fantasy book, but I think anyone would enjoy it. It is very well and believedly written and is not really out there. I loved it. And the book on CD is great too--very well read.

No comments:

Post a Comment