This is another great fantasy series. This is the first book of 4 in the Enchanted Forest series. The main character, Cimorene, is a very unconventional princess. In fact she is bored to death being a princess at all. In an effort to escape marrying a dim-witted prince forced on her by her parents, she runs away and volunteers to work for a dragon as her princess. Dragons' princesses have a lot more fun. She cooks, cleans, organizes, reads--all things her parents would never let her do at home. Eventually she also helps the dragons unravel a devious plot by the neighboring wizard society to take control of the dragons. It's super funny and interesting. And Cimorene is as spunky and witty as they come. I first discovered these books when I was a young women leader years ago, and two of my young women would not stop talking about these books. I read them then and then got them on cd for the girls. I think for a whole year Kate listened to the fourth book of the series everywhere she went. She loved it. This is a quick read but definitely worth it if you like fractured fairy tales. And the book on cd is awesome. It is a full cast production. I would highly recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment