This is the fourth book in the Dark is Rising series. I love this book. It is also a Newberry Award winner. This time I listened to the book on tape and it was great. The story is set in Wales and the Welch language is beautiful to listen to, so lyrical. The performer reading it did a wonderful job with voices and accents. The story has Will (from The Dark is Rising, and Greenwitch) going to Wales to recover from a bout with Hepatitus. Because he has been so sick he has forgotten that he is an Old One, but gradually he remembers and also recalls the quest he is on. He meets a mysterious albino boy named Bran and together they try to accomplish Wil's mission and battle the Grey King. It is really good and the weaving of modern story with myth is incredible. I love it and would really recommend listening to the audiobook even if you've previously read it.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
20. The Grey King by Susan Cooper
This is the fourth book in the Dark is Rising series. I love this book. It is also a Newberry Award winner. This time I listened to the book on tape and it was great. The story is set in Wales and the Welch language is beautiful to listen to, so lyrical. The performer reading it did a wonderful job with voices and accents. The story has Will (from The Dark is Rising, and Greenwitch) going to Wales to recover from a bout with Hepatitus. Because he has been so sick he has forgotten that he is an Old One, but gradually he remembers and also recalls the quest he is on. He meets a mysterious albino boy named Bran and together they try to accomplish Wil's mission and battle the Grey King. It is really good and the weaving of modern story with myth is incredible. I love it and would really recommend listening to the audiobook even if you've previously read it.
Labels:
Adventure,
Book on CD,
Children's lit,
Fantasy,
Newberry Award Winner,
Young Adult
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment